teamLab Hong Kong's limited-time exhibition
Although teamLab has held light and shadow exhibitions in different parts of Asia in the past, for you who live in Hong Kong, you must wait until you are on vacation before you can go to teamLab exhibition venues in other regions. However, teamLab finally decided to hold a light and shadow exhibition in Hong Kong, and the main content of the exhibition is based on the setting of the local teamLab exhibition hall in Japan. Now even if you don’t have time to go out to other regions, you can still have the opportunity to experience the light and shadow exhibition of teamLab in Hong Kong!
Dates and venues of teamLab Hong Kong
This time teamLab Light and Shadow Exhibition is themed on Future Park, and the exhibition period is from July 9, 2023 to January 14, 2024, and the exhibition time is about half a year. The exhibition venue is arranged at 13/F of the MegaBox in Kowloon Bay, which is equally convenient no matter which area you start from, and you don’t have to worry about missing the opportunity to participate in the teamLab Light and Shadow Exhibition because the exhibition period is too short.
This time, teamLab's light and shadow exhibition in Hong Kong provides 7 projects with different themes to experience. Although compared with the exhibition venue in Tokyo, teamLab Hong Kong may offer fewer projects this time. But in fact, there is no need to be too disappointed, because teamLab Hong Kong has also selected some of the most popular projects to come to Hong Kong this time. If you have never participated in teamLab's light and shadow exhibition, I believe you will be very satisfied!
More Hong Kong tickets and dining discounts: Klook Hong Kong Offers and Discounts List
TeamLab Hong Kong Ticket Discounts
The ticket fee for teamLab Hong Kong this time is HKD $220, and offers discounts for children's tickets and family package tickets. If you also want to arrange some parent-child activities during the holidays, teamLab Hong Kong Light and Film Festival will be a good choice.
But one thing to note is that this time teamLab Hong Kong tickets are sold electronically, and there is no option to buy tickets on site. So you need to choose one of the three booking platforms Klook / Trip.com / FWD to book teamLab tickets before departure. As for which one is best to choose, it depends on whether you have a commonly used account among these platforms. Otherwise, you can also consider using Klook’sBooking link, use the mobile APP to book for the first time and enter the discount code BetterOnApp to enjoy an additional 5% discount.
Click the link to get the latest offers: Book teamLab Hong Kong tickets
More light and shadow art exhibitions: ARTE M HONG KONG
|Ticket type||Ticket price (HKD $)|
|adult x 1||220|
|child x 1||180|
|Adult x 2 + Child x 1||560|
|Adult x 2 + Child x 2||720|
|Adult x 2 + Child x 3||880|
|Adult x 2 + Child x 4||1040|
teamLab Hong Kong's 6 main exhibition areas
This time, the exhibition venue of teamLab Hong Kong is the same as that of teamLab Tokyo. It is a fully enclosed black room, and different images are used to create different visual effects. If you are also the first time to come to teamLab's light and shadow exhibition, you must unconsciously spend a whole day in the exhibition area of teamLab Hong Kong.
Graffiti Nature – Mountains and Valleys, Red List / Graffiti Nature – Mountains and Valleys, Red List
One of the very famous exhibitions of teamLab is to use different slopes and different light and shadow effects to create a real valley. And this time, you can create your own creature for this valley, and it can appear in front of you.
Light Ball Orchestra / Light Ball Orchestra
The second large-scale light and shadow exhibit of teamLab uses a large number of spheres that change color continuously to create a very special space. As long as you push one of the spheres, the color of the spheres in the entire room will change accordingly. According to past experience, this is one of the exhibits that is very suitable for parents and children to participate in together.
Hopscotch for Geniuses / Hopscotch for Geniuses
Hopscotch for Geniuses / Hopscotch for Geniuses is a very interesting exhibit, as soon as you step on the icons floating on the water, these icons will instantly transform into different animals. It's like walking into a forest of light and shadow, every second will reflect different changes because of your actions.
Slide Fruit Garden / Sliding through the Fruit Field
Another very popular exhibit of teamLab must be the light and shadow slide below. Because when you slide down, the spheres on the slide are transformed into different flowers, and then bear different fruits. What kind of plants will be displayed at the end depends on which position you will choose to slide down from the slide.
A Table where Little People Live / A Table where Little People Live
This table is the table where the little people live. When you place different objects on the table, the little people will react differently according to the items on the table. It may be to jump over, or choose to climb over. The actions of the little people will have different results because of your decisions.
Painted Town / Sketch Town
The last exhibit at teamLab Hong Kong allows you to draw buildings, cars, and UFOs in your mind, and then project them on the painted towns through the system. The most special thing about this exhibit is that it can truly reflect anything you draw, and it will not change your design at will.
teamLab Hong Kong's business information, traffic planning
This time teamLab Hong Kong is holding the light show at MegaBox in Kowloon Bay. The business hours are from 14:00 pm to 22:00 pm on weekdays, and from 10:00 am to 22:00 pm on holidays. However, it is because it is necessary to pre-determine at which time to enter the venue when purchasing tickets, and there will be a limit on the number of people in each time period. So there is no need to worry about crowds passing by and a lot of time wasted waiting.
The transportation to teamLab Hong Kong is very simple, as long as you take the free shuttle bus from Kowloon Bay MTR Station to MegaBox. However, it should be noted that there are more people taking the free shuttle bus during the holidays. It is recommended to arrive at MegaBox a little earlier to be able to enter the teamLab Hong Kong Light and Film Exhibition on time.
Click the link to get the latest offers: Book teamLab Hong Kong Discount Tickets
More pictures and information: teamLab Future Park
Judging from the ticket fees and exhibition content of teamLab Hong Kong this time, there may be room for improvement in the exhibition content, but for the first time teamLab arranges an exhibition in Hong Kong, under the circumstances of uncertain market response, it is actually It cannot be required to set up a large-scale exhibition at the beginning. I hope that this exhibition can give teamLab a little more confidence, and then the next time the light show is held in Hong Kong, it can expand the scale and add more different exhibits.
More useful articles on Hong Kong travel
Must-visit attractions in Hong Kong
- 60 Top Hong Kong Tourist Attractions & Best Places to Visit Recommended by Local Hongkongers
- 25 Things to do in Tsim Sha Tsui
- 15 Things to Do in Central Hong Kong
- How to get to Monster Building in Hong Kong? All You Need to Know Before You Go!
- Ngong Ping 360 Cable Car: Ticket Price, Opening Hours, Recommended Attractions
- Tai O Hong Kong: A Day Trip to Explore the Traditional Fishing Village
Hong Kong Accommodation Planning
- 15 Best Hotel in Hong Kong: From Budget Hotels to Luxury Hotel near Tsim Sha Tsui and Central
- Park Hotel Hong Kong Review: The Best Hotel near Tsim Sha Tsui MTR Station
- Sleeping in Hong Kong Airport: Where to Find Sleeping Pod, Showers, Food and More!
Planning before departure for Hong Kong travel
- Hong Kong Travel Guide for First-Timers: City Guide, Tips, Checklist
- Hong Kong Itinerary: Things to See and Do for 4 Days or Even More!
- How much does it cost for three days and two nights and four days and three nights in Hong Kong? A summary of travel budget discount packages!
- 7 Apps for Traveling in Hong Kong: Which Taxi, Bus, MTR, Maps, Weather Apps is THE BEST?
- Hong Kong Travel Tips: 3 Things to Know Before Travelling to Hong Kong
Hong Kong Traffic Planning
- Hong Kong Public Transportation: Complete Guide to Getting Around Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Airport Transfers: Complete Guide to Airport Bus, Taxi and Trains
- Complete Guide for Tai O Transportation: by Cable Car, Bus or Ferry
Authentic Hong Kong travel experience
- Hong Kong Food: 48 Must-eat Dishes Recommended by Local Hongkongers!
- Best 25 Hong Kong Street Food You Must-try and Where to Find Them
- What to Buy in Hong Kong? 30 Unique Souvenirs Only Available in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Tram: Complete Guide to Riding DING DING Tram Like Local Hongkongers
Latest Hong Kong travel offers
- Klook Hong Kong Promo Code: Discount Code for New User!
- Agoda Promo Code: 60% OFF on Hong Kong Hotels Deals and More!
- Hong Kong Goodies: Limited HKD$100 CASH Coupon and Discount for Tourists!
- Hong Kong Tourist Prepaid SIM Card: Everything You Need to Know
- Hong Kong Airport Express: Latest Timetable, Fare & Extra 40% Ticket Discount!
- Octopus Card: Where to purchase, Top-up & How to Put Octopus on Apple Pay
More Hong Kong Travel information:
- Must-visit attractions in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Accommodation Planning
- Planning before departure for Hong Kong travel
- Hong Kong food recommendation
- Hong Kong Traffic Planning
- Authentic Hong Kong travel experience
- Latest Hong Kong travel offers